Brake line size & adapter????'s

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
Ok guys i got a crazy question....

I got a drum brakes on the back, and i have a 1/4" line running to the tee at the rear end. now with 1/4" line what is the size of the fitting that comes standard on them??? im thinking it is 7/16-24 But im not sure???

Also, i got a residual pressure valve i need to put in that line....which is 1/8 npt female. So i need a adapter from the 1/4" line to the 1/8 npt.

Do they even make such a fitting??? cause i havent found any online...

thats why i was curious if the 7/16-24 was the standard size fitting on that line?

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
Once again guys i tend to overthink myself.....all the while looking for a 7/16-24 X 1/8.......and having no luck.....LOL

i discover the parts stores list them by line size X 1/8 NPT... :lol:

so i picked them up today they are listed as 1/4IF X 1/8npt

A

Anonymous

the good thing about this thread is I spent a day trying to find my Edelman catalogue to find the specs and discovered one of my techs threw it away.
yippy skippy

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
Hey, Thanks for looking for me. I checked the edelman website and found that they list them correctly and had tham listed as the 7/16-24 X 1/8.

But all the local parts stores when i called, gave the UUhhhhhh..........I dont see anything that size listed.

so i went up there and looked for myself, and i guess the local parts houses size brake fittings to make it easy on the non-technical person.

2 different parts stores had them, but both listed as 1/4" X 1/8npt.

the 1/4" part being the tube size. Like i said sometimes i dig too deep into my own questions for answers.

Maybe its a bad thing that i try and get to the very bottom of everything. maybe i should just become a more simple person that goes in the parts store and says " i need one of these, to fit one of these" :lol:

A

Anonymous

I don't think the problem lies with you.I have been in this industry for 25 years and have seen a severe drop in the aptitude,knowledge and general attitude with a lot of people who are currently employeed in the industry-on both the repair and supply sides.
Our shop is a member of the Independent Garage Owners Association of North Carolina.We try to bring all sides together with education,so there is better support of all.
Unfortunately,and in part thanks to computers,there is a huge lack of quality and well trained individuals in the industry,all the way from the manufactorers to the suppliers to the repair sides.
This in not to say everyone is this way,but bean counters have damaged industry;parents don't want junior getting his hands dirty when the computer will be a better source of income and schools don't seem to hear our cries for help-we are over 35,000 techs short in this country today.
Sorry,didn't mean to rattle on.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts