Brake problems rear

DixonK

Amateur Racer
Jul 2, 2012
Sweden, Gothenburg
Hey guys,

I just tested out my brakes last night here in Sweden, it seems the rear brakes doesn't brake at all. I'm novice so I don't know much about this.

It's a -79 Malibu, what could be the problem? Do I need to replace the rear brakes? If so, what items should I order and from where? I have a month to fix this problem, please help me out!

Thanks.

1978AL

Amateur Racer
Jul 21, 2013
FLINT MICHIGAN
First check the fluid in the master..
Second, with the car SAFELY jacked up, follow the line/s from the brakes on the rear all the way to the front and see if ya got a leak?

what was your test method?

DixonK

Amateur Racer
Jul 2, 2012
Sweden, Gothenburg
Car shop tested the rear breaks and didnt work at all, I unbolted the rear tires and took away the drum, the breaks were fine but both had alot of OIL.. the cylinder on both sides is broken so I have to replace them.. any clues where I can order them for my Malibu -79 2dr?

DixonK

Amateur Racer
Jul 2, 2012
Sweden, Gothenburg
I've been doing some thinking regarding my brakes, is it Worth while to change the complete break system for something better than stock? stock = original? Thats what I assume I have, if so to what?

How much Money did you spend?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
If you want to upgrade to rear discs on a daily driven car, you'll need disc brake backing plates, a disc/disc master cylinder, disc/disc combo valve and rotors /caliphs with some sort of parking brake setup.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts