BRAKES?.?.?

hotrodfreak08

Daily Driver
Apr 2, 2010
i was wondering what the best way to convert my power brakes to manual and if possible what cars to get the master from.

Sikmalibu

Dragway Regular
Apr 2, 2008
Central NJ
Go to the TRZ site on the top of the page, they sell a great kit wit everything u need.

nawlins-tim

Frequent Racer
Jan 28, 2010
New Orleans, Louisiana
I think the cylinder bore size is too big. I hear you need a smaller bore for manual brakes. My 80 Elky calls for 15/16 I think with power brakes. Anyone know for sure what will work?

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Manual brakes to use a smaller bore because they need the added hydraulic advantage that isn't required with vacuum brakes (basically able to apply more pressure without vacuum assist).

nawlins-tim

Frequent Racer
Jan 28, 2010
New Orleans, Louisiana
Right on!!! I wish I could hear how well those Strange or WILLWOOD setups work. Cuz their smallest bore size is 1.032. The factory malibu bower brake master is almost that. I'm pretty sure The way to go is with a 69 vette manual master . It's bore is more like 7/8".
I looked through a bunch of the Gallery photo's posts of Engine Pics and you can see the Strange set-up is real popular. I got to find out how well they work?
Doober said:
Manual brakes to use a smaller bore because they need the added hydraulic advantage that isn't required with vacuum brakes (basically able to apply more pressure without vacuum assist).

hotrodfreak08

Daily Driver
Apr 2, 2010
Do you also have to change the rod from the master cylinder to the peddle too and to which one to go to and which hole in the peddle do you need to be in?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts