Buying a ford 9 inch rearend

Jayz79

Amateur Racer
Sep 17, 2010
algonquin,IL
Hello all. I got my frame powder coated, and now I need a rearend. I am looking at buying a ford 9 inch rearend with disc brakes. Theres a place in Iowa, (on EBAY) that charges $2100 complete to my door with a posi carrier and 31 spline axles. I will run a big block and a muncie 4 speed. 90% street driven.

Any recommendations would be great.

Al

Pro Stocker
May 25, 2003
Harker Heights, TX
Post a link so people can see what parts are used.

abigda

Frequent Racer
May 19, 2007
Springfield, MA
I've had good experience with my Quick Performance rear, and that was around the same price

Jayz79

Amateur Racer
Sep 17, 2010
algonquin,IL
Ok, here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/9-Inch-Ford-G-Body-Housing-Axle-Package-Rearend-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5ae1c71349QQitemZ390334976841QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

The brakes the guy I talked with were from a cadillac, the carrier was a ford motorsport POSI.

Also, what control arms/shocks and springs would you recommend.

Thanks

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i got burned by currie on the brakes on my 9",letting you know

abigda

Frequent Racer
May 19, 2007
Springfield, MA
That is the same rear I am running... Are you planning on running a parking brake?

Jayz79

Amateur Racer
Sep 17, 2010
algonquin,IL
I looked closer at the pics, it is a QP. I was planning on a parking brake. I read about tolerance issues. The E brake isn't a good idea?

On a side note, Spohn makes a couple of nine inch rearends. I purchased my control arms from them. Anybody ever use a rearend from Spohn?

abigda

Frequent Racer
May 19, 2007
Springfield, MA
Everything works great except the parking brake, the lever for the brake is bolted to the back of the calipers. If you lower the rear of your car at all, the frame rails will bottom out of the bracket. I've Been looking into swapping over to 4th gen camaro brakes, they have the parking brake where it's built into the hub.... If I was to do it over again I would just run 11-12" rear drums

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
Jayz79 said:
On a side note, Spohn makes a couple of nine inch rearends. I purchased my control arms from them. Anybody ever use a rearend from Spohn?

I thought Spohn sold Currie rears........

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts