C4/C5 rear end

83LSWagon

Frequent Racer
Aug 27, 2008
Spring Hill, FL
Anyone done it? I realize the C4 and C5 are completely different animals, I just wanted to see what was out there.

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
I've thought about it, but it would be alot of fabricating just to get it in there. Plus you'd have alot of planning before hand so your ride height was about where you'd want it. IDK if a C5 would fit because of the trans without a major reworking of the floor. One thing I do know about the C4 though, make sure you get a Dana 44, not a 36. a large majority of the C4's came with a 36, only the performance 'Vettes (I know it sounds odd) came with the larger Dana 44.

brrymnvette

Frequent Racer
Oct 18, 2004
St Louis, MO
StreetBu said:
I've thought about it, but it would be alot of fabricating just to get it in there. Plus you'd have alot of planning before hand so your ride height was about where you'd want it. IDK if a C5 would fit because of the trans without a major reworking of the floor. One thing I do know about the C4 though, make sure you get a Dana 44, not a 36. a large majority of the C4's came with a 36, only the performance 'Vettes (I know it sounds odd) came with the larger Dana 44.

The six speed C4's came with the D44.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts