C5 front calipers on the rear

veltboy618

Weekend Racer
Nov 12, 2009
Granite City, IL
I'm doing the C5 Corvette brake swap on my car. The only thing is I hate how small the rear calipers are so Im going to buy another set of front calipers to use on the rear. I have read about & seen this mod done on Corvettes before but never on a g-body. If anyone have any information on how to do this mod please post links, pics, or info! Thanks!

mg2k_1.jpg

DSC00494.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0006.jpg

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
If all you're planning on doing is install the calipers, it's a sure fire way to have a rear brake lockup problem, a long pedal & next to no front/rear bias. Ther rear calipers should roughly be 60% of the swept area of the fronts. You'd be at 1:1. The Vette guys replace the master cylinder & install a rear brake bias adjustment valve when they do it.

Tommy

veltboy618

Weekend Racer
Nov 12, 2009
Granite City, IL
LS6 Tommy said:
If all you're planning on doing is install the calipers, it's a sure fire way to have a rear brake lockup problem, a long pedal & next to no front/rear bias. Ther rear calipers should roughly be 60% of the swept area of the fronts. You'd be at 1:1. The Vette guys replace the master cylinder & install a rear brake bias adjustment valve when they do it.

Tommy
I didnt mention it in my post but I dont just plan on installing the calipers & rolling out in the car. Im upgrading the master cylinder & installing an adjustable proportioning valve on the line to the rear to crank the pressure down a bit but thats the easy part! The complicated part is mounting the front Vette calipers on the 7.5 rear. I'm sure it has been done before... Is there someone that sell a bracket to do this? I'm just trying to see if there is a easy way to do this mod or if there is someone that can give me more informstion on mounting the calipers before I have to fabricate a bracket or something to get them on there. Thanks for your reply Tommy!

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
I really can't point you in any particular direction about the brackets. Sorry!

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts