Front Metic Calipers

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know if these will fit with a stock 14'' wheel?
http://www.daymotorsports.com/product/937/c/S2/#
or is there any calipers that are better than stock that will?

A

Anonymous

Sorry can't say for sure but are those a direct replacement for the stock metric calipers?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
I think they'll fit, but these are another option:

http://www.stockcarproducts.com/usbrakes2.htm

Tommy

A

Anonymous

what do you think would be the better buy? I know wilwood also makes a single piston caliper, I guess I'll have to call them to see if they'll clear a 14'' wheel. Would aluminum be better tho? I know they are a lot lighter

A

Anonymous

Not sure if this will help you but Wilwood has a spec sheet on their site with all of the dimensions for the calipers.

dwg.gif

540Malibu

Pro Stocker
May 22, 2003
Shrews., MA
yes they will fit, many s10's came with 14" wheels and the front suspension and brakes are identical,

the dimension you need is dimension "E" x2 so for that caliper (GM III) it will be 13.4 take away 1/4" from a steel wheel for rim thickness, and you got about 3/16" clearance, dont know if it'll clear aluminum rims.

edit- the GM III is the caliper for chevelles and 2nd gen camaros etc

the wilwood metric caliper is identical size to your stock one, just has a larger piston.

A

Anonymous

thanks a lot looks like I might be getting a pair of those, I want something better than stock but dont feel like buying different wheels, I was thinking of pairing these with some US brake rotors, but what about pads? anyone recommend anything? it most a street car that i take to the track 4-5 times a summer or as much as i can

A

Anonymous

Wilwood makes a direct fit caliper for about $99, and it weighs 3 pounds!!

383malibufiend

Top Fueler
Mar 27, 2006
Lancaster PA
I am looking at the calipers that wilwood offers, does anyone know how much a stock caliper weighs. with the caliper and the speedway upper control arms im trying to figure out how much weight i can get off there.

A

Anonymous

i would say a good 10 pounds a piece, but not sure on an exact number, also with U.S. brake rotors they are lighter than stock too

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts