Front Trick Help!

DopeSick78

Feb 29, 2020
Hello everyone! I did not see a thread already addressing this so I hope I'm not re creating the wheel here. I have a 78 Malibu with a LS swap. I need to replace the front springs, this is going to be a grudge car so I am looking at the Moroso 47130. I would like to have the ride height about 1.5 inches lower than stock. Can anyone recommend how much if any to cut coil wise, or if there is another manufacturer option im open. I just don't want to have to run the 35's off my truck on the front :)
Thanks in advance for the help.

r_d_3

Daily Driver
Feb 25, 2020
New Jersey
Not that this is a whole lot of help, but i did Moroso front springs on my third gen, i cut out 1 coil to get it to sit how i wanted it. They definitely helped with weight transfer. My advice would be to put the in as is and knock off 1/4 coil at a time until you achieve desired ride height.

DopeSick78

Feb 29, 2020
Not that this is a whole lot of help, but i did Moroso front springs on my third gen, i cut out 1 coil to get it to sit how i wanted it. They definitely helped with weight transfer. My advice would be to put the in as is and knock off 1/4 coil at a time until you achieve desired ride height.
Sounds like a plan! thanks for the starting point. !

Reactions: r_d_3

jdbuilder

Feb 6, 2012
Post your results, my ls swapped malibu has that gasser look and am wanting to cut the coils to get that front end down.