Front Trick Help!

DopeSick78

Feb 29, 2020
Hello everyone! I did not see a thread already addressing this so I hope I'm not re creating the wheel here. I have a 78 Malibu with a LS swap. I need to replace the front springs, this is going to be a grudge car so I am looking at the Moroso 47130. I would like to have the ride height about 1.5 inches lower than stock. Can anyone recommend how much if any to cut coil wise, or if there is another manufacturer option im open. I just don't want to have to run the 35's off my truck on the front :)
Thanks in advance for the help.

r_d_3

Amateur Racer
Feb 25, 2020
New Jersey
Not that this is a whole lot of help, but i did Moroso front springs on my third gen, i cut out 1 coil to get it to sit how i wanted it. They definitely helped with weight transfer. My advice would be to put the in as is and knock off 1/4 coil at a time until you achieve desired ride height.

DopeSick78

Feb 29, 2020
Not that this is a whole lot of help, but i did Moroso front springs on my third gen, i cut out 1 coil to get it to sit how i wanted it. They definitely helped with weight transfer. My advice would be to put the in as is and knock off 1/4 coil at a time until you achieve desired ride height.

Sounds like a plan! thanks for the starting point. !

Reactions: r_d_3

Dr.Exhaust

Mar 31, 2020
Flint, Michigan
I decided to go with the QA1 front coil overs. Then you dont have to worry about cutting off to much and you dont have to R&R the springs 2-3 times. That was the biggest handling improvement ive made. Plus i can lift the front bumper 6 inches with one hand. Excellent wight transfer and higher speed in cornering. Ive got the QA1 rear pro kit now, just waiting for a new rear end swap before i start welding on the brackets. Cant wait to see the complete 180 on that.

Reactions: r_d_3

unclepudge

Frequent Racer
Apr 17, 2006
CT
I am currently planning an LS swap and still have the factory V6 springs it's sits low with my 350 in it minor rubbing with 235/70/15's but it rolls alot in the corners curious how you make out as well. I have a GN rear in the back as well.

Dr.Exhaust

Mar 31, 2020
Flint, Michigan
I have 205/70/15 in the front and 275/60/15 in the rear. I have also cut my inner fender wells in the front and removed the front sway bar. The factory rear sway bar is still on the car, but is accompanied by 4 UMI control arms. Pinion angle set at -1 degrees. Currently it has Comp Eng adjustable drag shock and air bags in Moog coils, and like i said QA1 coil overs in the front. I have removed all of the HVAC and emissions along with a few hundred pounds plus of unneeded weight. The front is currently set an inch lower in the rear. I love the feel of the car on a normal drive around town, and when that Mustang pulls up next to you at a stop light, its time to have fun. The QA1 stuff comes with a higher cost, but in my opinion, its well worth the price. And to answer your question, Ive never had a rub on any corner.

DopeSick78

Feb 29, 2020
So here is the results now. This pic is Moroso trick front springs, CE 90/10 shocks and 2001 2WD S10 spindles. No coils cut from springs. I am very happy with the stance and ride and suspension launches well.
20200419_162856_1.jpg
20200419_162856_1.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!