Malibu El camino front air dam questions.

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI
Does anyone know or have an idea why Chevrolet used different front air dam to help cool the radiator, I think the 1978 and 1979 use a longer and wider one then the 1980 trough 1987 ? Also has one been proven to do a better job at cooling ?

Thanks Doug

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Hmmm never knew that. I have no idea what year the one on my car is from. I just saw it half bolted to an Elco in the junkyard and grabbed it while I could!

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
I have both my OEM 1980 that came on my car and another that I got from a member a long time ago that is probably about 3 or 4" wider. IIRC, he said it came from a Pontiac or Olds. The next time I look through my illustrated parts books, I'll see if I can find out part numbers to see if I find differences brand to brand, model to model or year to year and I'll cross reference the numbers.

Tommy

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Well, I fired up my old computer that has the GM Parts Catalog on it and the program won't run. I tried reinstalling it several times and it just won't open. I'll have to have my cousin look at it. He knows a lot more about computers than I do.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!