Can the torque converter be wired into the cruise control switch?

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
When my son and I took a drive yesterday , the toggle switch for the torque converter didn't work. Can I use the cruise control switch to control both the cruise control and the torque converter? If not I'll need to find a different place to wire it to the fuse panel.

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
The wires from the torque converter switch and the wire from the cruise control switch go to the run accessory 30 amp fuse. The tips on the end of each wire fold over the fuse tip. Any suggestions where in the fuse panel these wires would be best for each. The torque converter switch worked until I put in the cruise control.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
With the wire ends covering both legs of fuse, doesn't that make it a direct wire up bypassing the fuse?
yes.
I'm confused,your first post you said the toggle didn't work then it did work untill you paired it to the cruise switch.does it work on just the toggle?

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
The toggle switch worked until I put in the cruise control. Now it doesn't work. The cruise control works great. I put both hooked on the same fuse. I figured it was a mistake what I had done. I was told by someone else that they had replaced the toggle switch, using the cruise control switch for both functions.

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
I pulled the fuse and wire ends out of the fuse panel. 1 of the ends broke. I bought more today and replaced the broken 1. Hope to get it on the road again and see if the cruise control and the lockup torque converter both work.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
Will both work on the same fuse?
yes that one fuse will provide power for two draws but if it's to much for the circuit the fuse would blow. so if you had two things plugged into one circuit and only one was working i'd look to the item that wasn't working.are you fimilar with a test light? that would help you along with an answer

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
I'll have to check it out. The fuse looks fine. This is the fuse I used before the cruise control, and it worked great. When I added the cruise control,it worked but the lockup torque converter didn't. I'll have to figure out what I need to check. Thank you again for your help.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!