Classic Landau Window Piece

79Landau

Frequent Racer
Aug 28, 2005
Delhi Ontario,Canada
Rock

I always thought that the wider one like on that black car was on the Classic coupe and the thin one was for the standard coupe....

mechanicmangg

Daily Driver
Dec 14, 2009
So on the trim pieces the one thats thick and the other one thats thin are the windows still the same?
It looks as though they are the same size glass in both cars just the trim thats different.

So once I do this Mod in taking the Landau extension metal out the Non Landau windows will fit right in?

No other Mod's necessary?

Thanks,
Mechanicmangg

rock

Pro Stocker
May 22, 2003
Chicagoland area
mechanicmangg said:
So on the trim pieces the one thats thick and the other one thats thin are the windows still the same?
It looks as though they are the same size glass in both cars just the trim thats different.

So once I do this Mod in taking the Landau extension metal out the Non Landau windows will fit right in?

No other Mod's necessary?

Thanks,
Mechanicmangg

Before you go chopping and cutting, you better make sure you have all the necessary parts including the glass. You might change your mind after you find out how hard its going to be tracking down the interior panels, glass, quarter glass lower molding and outside trim. But if you have the parts needed, its only going to take a little time.
I sent you a message in your PM box.............

mechanicmangg

Daily Driver
Dec 14, 2009
I am restoring my 81 Malibu Landau not missing parts just Cannot find replacements. These items listed below are what I am looking for
1. DS and PS Chrome Landau Pillar pieces in good shape
2. DS and PS outer Trim with the rubber window sweeper/seal
3. DS and PS side Landau Window Interior Trim in good condition
4. DS and PS side Landau Black Plastic window Trim Exterior

I have already found New DS and PS windows, Pillar Exterior Trim, Interior WIndow Trim and Exterior window Sweeper/Seal.

These are the only pieces I need correct? If I do need additional pieces please let me know.

Thanks,
Mechanicmangg

7881malibu

Daily Driver
Feb 19, 2009
Ontario
They make all that stuff repo now except for landau piece they are pricey though

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I've seen a reproduced exterior Landau pillar trim... if you think that other stuff is expensive you should've seen the price on this sucker :shock:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!