clutch fork question

rpoudrier

Weekend Racer
Nov 29, 2008
mass
how much play should i have on the clutch fork with everything installed? i got all the linkage hooked up and i am adjusted at almost max length of the adjusting rod, is this normal even though everything is new? i am using a lakewood bellhousing that is universal fit and a standard fork but something does not seem right. it almost seems like the fork is not sitting entirely into the clip for the ball stud in the bell. i am converting to standard so all linkage is new. starting to think i got in way over my head with this project.

bracketchev1221

Dragway Regular
Apr 22, 2009
Mountville Pa
Well, play at the fork really isn't important. What is the guide is the 3/4" at the pedal. IF you have that then the rest is fine. The adjuster will get shorter as the clutch wears so that is ok. Does your bellhoousing have the adjustable pivot ball in it? That can help you move the fork and bearing closer to the clutch fingers. I remember on mine with the stock setup, there was enough play at the fork that I could pull the fork far enough that the adjuster could just be pulled out of it.

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
A few possibilities come to mind:
  • You have the wrong pressure plate. What application is the pressure plate spec'd for?

You said the linkage is new. Is the bellcrank/cross shaft used? If so, perhaps the lower arm been incorrectly rewelded?

What fork are you using? You should be using the straight fork with wings at end by the release bearing. If not, perhaps your fork is not curved enough forward requiring you to use a longer adjusting rod.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts