code po452

nczo6

Sep 17, 2010
Ok guys great site by the way, I just aquired a 80 malibu with a 98 ls1/t56 combo and pretty excited about the car, im a newbie to the malibu but not the ls1, anyway I am having the po452 code come up and the car will not crank but if you spray the tb with starter fluid it will start to crank then die I know this code is the evap code but i am getting fuel to the fuel rail but i guess it is not enough ? the car does have a painless harness and the stock fuel pump and i did whitness the car run before i got it any thoughts ?

Deuce4935

Frequent Racer
Nov 19, 2007
Chicago, Il
Check the pressure at the rail, pump may be weak.

nczo6

Sep 17, 2010
Thanks for the response, I but a gauge on the rail and when cranking there is no reading, is this correct or should there be some pressure while cranking ?

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
When you turn the key to the on position, you should hear the pump run for about 3-5 seconds. It should pressurize the fuel lines. So yes, you should see fuel pressure when the key is turned to the on position.

nczo6

Sep 17, 2010
Ok when I turn the key to on position I do hear the pump run for a couple seconds, I also have the filter/regulator bypassed also but when I put a gauge on the rail it shows no pressure, I need to confirm that my gauge is good. I did pull the fuel line off the rail and turn the key on and there is fuel going to the rail I just dont know if it is the correct pressure.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts