control arm braces

bbc-olds

Frequent Racer
Jun 7, 2008
Malin OR
Has anybody used the adjustable braces from autofab racecars? Bought a set from them and they don't fit. Car is an 82 cutlass. Aren't all gbody frames the same in the rear suspension at least. Thay say they have sold several and haven't had any fitment problems. Ordered some adjustabe Edelbrocks to see if they fit. Thanks

Al

Pro Stocker
May 25, 2003
Harker Heights, TX
You mean these:
DSC00276.JPG

bbc-olds

Frequent Racer
Jun 7, 2008
Malin OR
The one's pictured are the one's I bought. Problem has been the lining up the ends with the bolts holding the control arms on. Would fit on one end but the other would be off by a good bit. They are welded together in a jig specific to g bodys. Been talking with them on the phone as well as sending emails w/pics. Also sent a video showing the fitment problems. They were very helpful and was willing to do what it took to get the problem resolved. After looking at the pics and the video it was decided that shortning the long side of the powder coated end would work. They had no problem taking them back if it didn't. Cut of about 1/2 in from the long end and bolted them on. Simple but effective fix. Seems my car may be on the outside of factory specs when built. Josh and Rob at autofab did a good job keeping in touch and not leaving me hanging. Will buy from them again. here is a coulpe of pics with them installed. Next up is a complete cleanup from the last race(dirt pits)

Brian79

Frequent Racer
Aug 21, 2008
Wataga, IL
Ok, I'm lost? What are those and what are they good for? Street or Track? Any info would be helpful since I have NO idea.

Bar50

Pro Stocker
Jan 31, 2009
Tulsa, OK
GM A-body cars from the muscle era...stick shift and some big block cars came with them.
Links the upper and lower control arms, sorta' boxes/reinforces the mounting points, I think it had to do with some flexing associated dumping the clutch on 396/454 Chevelles.

The factory ones were stamped, not cool tubular ones.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts