crossmembers

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
you can get one here to http://www.crossmembers.com/ but the iceman one is lighter or can notch out the factory one just make sure you get one for the type of transmission your using a th350 would be different than a 700r4 not sure about the iceman set up i have the g-force one its pretty thick and solid but i do like the iceman one to just bought the g-force one b 4 i knew about iceman would like to get the iceman radiator support

A

Anonymous

I have the iceman crossmember for my 200-4r. Very nice high quality piece and it went in with no problems.

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
theres one for the iceman because i can say the g-force crossmember the hump touched the floor when i installed it could have possibly been due to old body mount bushings its clear the iceman would not have that problem

T56elcamino

Weekend Racer
Aug 16, 2008
Opelousas, LA
same problem with my g-force, but thats ok. It fit well and seems indestructable. I would try the iceman though...

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI
You could get one form a older chevelle and buy a crossmember frame extension from summit or Jegs.

454mali

Dragway Regular
Jan 26, 2006
Cleveland OH
DOUG213XRJ said:
You could get one form a older chevelle and buy a crossmember frame extension from summit or Jegs.

I think it has to be from a convertable or elcamino (boxed frame, shorter crossmember) Thats what i'm using but most I measured were too long.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
454mali said:
DOUG213XRJ said:

I think it has to be from a convertable or elcamino (boxed frame, shorter crossmember) Thats what i'm using but most I measured were too long.

Not only is the old A body X-member longer, it goes straight across & doesn't line up with the holes. Obviously you can drill new ones. Also, the frame on the G body doesn't reach far enough back & although I may very well be wrong, I don't think the aftermarket frame extension works. I can't say if there would be a better fit with a convertible or Elky X-member.

In any event, by the time you get done purchasing & modifying stuff, you could have bought an Icemember for less.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts