drag race alignment specs

ex04

Weekend Racer
Aug 20, 2009
VESTAL NEW YORK
:) any one have any suggestions [that work lol ] :) for alignment specs -caster -camber- toe-in- out for drag racing and street driving?[some street ] for g-body-v8 -auto-no ac. stock type suspension thanks :)

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
ex04 said:
:) any one have any suggestions [that work lol ] :) for alignment specs -caster -camber- toe-in- out for drag racing and street driving?[some street ] for g-body-v8 -auto-no ac. stock type suspension thanks :)

Maximizing caster is best for big end stability and reducing wandering.

Camber is kind of the odd man out since a huge amount of negative camber can reduce rolling resistance (like skinnies) but at the expense of terrible inside edge tire wear. I'd just run the normal amount of negative camber, say 0.25-0.5 degrees.

Toe is best set at a miniscule amount of toe-in for highest trap speed. Theoretically 1/32" of toe-in should flex to zero toe on the big end. As you get closer to zero toe you get rid of the self-canceling effect so be careful when street driving.

A hidden suspension optimization we need to consider on a drag car is bump steer. If a car has a ton of bump steer, it essentially puts the brakes on when the nose lands because of toe change. Minimizing bump steer can net you a few thousandths...

ramey

ex04

Weekend Racer
Aug 20, 2009
VESTAL NEW YORK
:D thanks for the info-one question - what do you mean by maximixe the caster?most positive or negative? :? thanks jim

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
ex04 said:
:D thanks for the info-one question - what do you mean by maximixe the caster?most positive or negative? :? thanks jim

Ahh, sorry. Positive caster. Upper ball joint behind centerline of lower ball joint as far as possible. Factory arms are good for maybe 4 degrees. Our arms increase that to 6 degrees or so...

ex04

Weekend Racer
Aug 20, 2009
VESTAL NEW YORK
:D THANKS Ramey,i'll be sure to look you up if i decide to upgrade. this is my wife's car. :D thanks again jim e.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts