Drop spindles/springs

dkeeler80

Weekend Racer
Feb 21, 2007
New Lothrop, MI
Have a 80 elco with 355 iron head. Want to drop it down alittle. Not sure to go with drop spindle in front and springs in back or springs all the way around? Has a fiberglass hood, elec water pump, alum rad. What is the better route? Thanks

Doug

Sikmalibu

Dragway Regular
Apr 2, 2008
Central NJ
I have an aluminum BBC but I used 2 in drop spindles and V6 coil springs with a half coil cut off and I love the way it sits.

78pontiacibu

Amateur Racer
May 7, 2011
Morristown, TN
www.facebook.com
I have a 78 Lemans and with an iron headed sbc and cut a coil and a half out of my stock front spring and i love the way it looks, but i need advice on cutting my rear springs myself. I want to do moroso trick springs all the way around, but i dont really have the spare dough for that. Where do i cut my rears to drop it an inch?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Dropped spindles allow full suspension travel, cut springs don't & the rate increases when you cut them. That can do a lot of things from ruining weight transfer, upsetting the ride quality & ending up with next to no ride height change.

You can't cut rear springs on these cars.

Tommy

78pontiacibu

Amateur Racer
May 7, 2011
Morristown, TN
www.facebook.com
LS6 Tommy said:
Dropped spindles allow full suspension travel, cut springs don't & the rate increases when you cut them. That can do a lot of things from ruining weight transfer, upsetting the ride quality & ending up with next to no ride height change.

You can't cut rear springs on these cars.

Tommy

I dont want to cut mine. I'm pretty happy with the stance it has now. I think it would look better an inch lower in the rear, but i haven't nothced my from so tire clearance would still be an issue for me. I did cut the front spings a coils and a holf, but i'm not worried about how it does as far as weight transfer just yet.

the new guy

Daily Driver
Feb 28, 2012
Where can i get a set of drop spindles? Will some off an s10 fit? Would like to lower my car like 3/4 drop by the way it's a 83 malibu 4 door v6 thanks.

the new guy

Daily Driver
Feb 28, 2012
Did some research and found out that s10 drop spindles will work and that if i want lowering springs i would be better of going with some opg coil springs they come 1-2-3 inch drops.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts