Father/Son '79 Malibu project has started! (Part 1)

Canadian78

Dragway Regular
Jan 4, 2007
Maple Ridge,Canada
Yeah. I got a father son project going with my 78. Its good times working on cars with my father. Im only 17 and my car will have a 406 sbc with a little bit of hp. But I think that I put all the money into the car and worked on it.
I dont think I would do any thing that would put the cars future at risk.

1BAD81BU

Pro Stocker
Aug 6, 2003
Whiteland, IN.
My Father and I built my car from the ground up. I wouldn't trade this car for anything. Too many memories and lessons learned when we were building it. It's nice to see you got your son interested in building a project car Philip! Good luck! Later on, Nick.

78CABALLERO

Dragway Regular
Aug 11, 2003
Halls,Mo.
I sure hope my daughter is into this stuff, she seems to be already(she loves burnouts anyway :p ) She's only 2, but I'm allready thinking of the daddy/daughter projects that the future holds.
Cograts to you and your son on the start of a new project Phil! The time shared and the memories made on a build like that are somthing that just can't be put into words, your both very lucky. Sweet car too.

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
any updates yet? how's it going?

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
No, my son finally finished his basketball season this week, so I'm hoping we can start workiing on it during weekday evenings. We plan on pulling the motor and transmission this weekend. I'd like to take it to the car wash and pressure wash the engine bay to get ready to paint it. I'll post an update and pictures this weekend.

T5MalibuWagon

Dragway Regular
Sep 27, 2004
Fort Worthless TEXAS!
Good luck with it. Its a lot nicer than my first car was, actually its nicer than my bu is now :cry:

As for your son or any new driver, go out and teach them how to drive the car, what to watch for on the road and so on. Dont think that taken them to drivers ed teaches them to drive.

A

Anonymous

Man all I can say is go picture crazy lol...can't wait to see the progress!!

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
T5MalibuWagon said:
Good luck with it. Its a lot nicer than my first car was, actually its nicer than my bu is now :cry:

As for your son or any new driver, go out and teach them how to drive the car, what to watch for on the road and so on. Dont think that taken them to drivers ed teaches them to drive.

It's a little late now I know, but I plan on taking my son out a couple years before he ever sees driver's ed. My dad did it with me the first time when I was 12 or 13, and I'm thankful for it :D

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!