Fired up the engine today!

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
It may be just a faulty pcm. Check for correct power at the wire right out of the pcm instead of the end. If it's not enough there, before you went any frather I'd def. call wait for me and see it they have any idea's, Otherwise I'd say pcm issue-not software, but hardware.....It's never easy is it :x

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
Talked with Jesse at Wait4Me, and he seems to think it is a grounding issue to the PCM. He may be right, I was having some strange ground issues when I first started to crank the engine. I will go back and check some of the grounding issues. I may have forgot to connect some ground wires to the chassis? :-k

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
MalibuRacing said:
Talked with Jesse at Wait4Me, and he seems to think it is a grounding issue to the PCM. He may be right, I was having some strange ground issues when I first started to crank the engine. I will go back and check some of the grounding issues. I may have forgot to connect some ground wires to the chassis? :-k
I wanna say my harness had three ground wires all of which I brought to the firewall where the factory grounds run to. Then I did the battery straight to the block and then the block to the frame with a big ground strap.

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
Well, it's not a ground issue. I tried all the things Jesse suggested. Looks like my PCM is bad. So, now I'm debating on just connecting the fuel pump to the ignition +12V signal (via relay) or getting another PCM. I'm concerned about the safety of the fuel pump always running with the key in the on position. I Wished I had another PCM just to test..... :-k

deuce_454

Amateur Racer
Jul 21, 2007
Copenhagen, Denmark
i thought all the outputs were pull to ground... not 12v out....

HarrisonTX

Top Fueler
Jul 11, 2003
Burleson TX
Thats great info boss. Im sure its really going to help some folks with an LSx swap.
Aside from the minor electrical problem, whats keep you from taking it for a little spin?

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Ok Phillip, Where's the update on the car? :D

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
388bu said:
He's been driving the tires off it and his son hasn't had a single chance to. :lol:

I wish!! :lol: Actually, we haven't driven it yet because I do not have the floor shifter/cable installed. I need to get the floor cleaned up (rust removal) and patched up. Then I will install the carpet and console. Also, I need to swap out the 2.41 or 2.56 gears for some 3.23's that I got.

Not to mention going to basketball games, soccer games and now softball is starting up.

I know I've been really slow getting this project done, but I'm just not in a hurry for my son to drive it. I'm letting him get some driving experience with my Toyota Camry right now. The Malibu will be almost 2x the HP of the Camry, so he needs some experience behind the wheel. lame_sign.gif :lol:

I have my son cleaning the floors this week with a wire wheel. We will decide what needs patching/repairing and the seal it with somthing like POR15. I still need to order interior plastic pieces. Got the money set aside, just need to order it.....

Oh, on the fuel pump issue..... I'm probably going to swap out the ECM with Jesse and see if that fixes the problem.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts