G-Body Handling Kits Now Available from UMI Performance!

UMI Performance

Amateur Racer
Oct 5, 2005
Bigler, Pa
www.umiperformance.com
Hello Everyone,

UMI Performance is now offering three suspension kits for the 78-88 GM G-Body.

Stage 1 Kit- http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_265&products_id=603

Stage 2 Kit- http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_265&products_id=604

Stage 3 Kit- http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_265&products_id=605

If you have any questions please ask. Thank you :D
Ryan

abf805a_LRG.jpg

79fourdoor

Amateur Racer
May 23, 2005
Regina, Sask, Canada
I'm interested in the stage 1 or 2 kit for a 79 lemans to improve everyday handling. Is stage 2 overkill for the street? Should I just opt for stage 1 for now? Car won't be raced or anything, just driven around town and would prefer an inch or two lower ride height and to not feel so "boat-ish".

Thanks.

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
Good morning 79fourdoor. When moving from stock suspension to a performance package, you'll notice a huge improvement with Stage 1 or Stage 2. The main difference is with Stage 2 you are replacing the front a-arms and rear trailing arms with our super strong UMI fabricated components. Stage 1 includes the basic parts to get rid of the boat handling via springs and shocks plus upgraded sway bars and a bit of polyurethane. Stage 1 is a great choice for cars with already rebuilt stock suspension. Stage 2 certainly isn't overkill for the street and really wakes up a car and makes it feel new as well as upgraded. Not only are the actual parts stronger but your car will be riding on poly (or Delrin or Roto-Joints) which refines things even further.

Stage 2 cars ride a little "stiffer" but that's due to the increased precision of the entire package.

The cool thing about suspension Stage 1 vs. 2, is suspension is additive. You can do Stage 1 then add Stage 2 components next round.

Let me know if you have any additional questions or if I can help further with your decision.

thanks for considering UMI

ramey

79fourdoor

Amateur Racer
May 23, 2005
Regina, Sask, Canada
Thanks very much for the quick response.

My suspension is all original and likely quite worn, which is why the stage 2 (or even stage3) kits look so attractive. Compared to a similar hotchkis setup, you guys are a bit cheaper with likely the same or better quality I'm hearing. My only concern is the price of shipping to Canada.

I sent an email through your website as well inquiring about shipping to canada before noticing a blurb about duty fees to canada and how they can be pre-paid through UPS at the time of purchase.

I'm quite interested in one of your kits. I'm currently working nights but I will try to give you guys a call later today to discuss options.

Thanks again,
Kyle

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
You're welcome Kyle. And thanks for your interest.

It's nice to hear our products have a reputation of quality. We are very proud of our fabricators from tube cutting, machining and welding all the way through blasting, powder coat and assembly.

Looking forward to working with you.

ramey

UMI Performance

Amateur Racer
Oct 5, 2005
Bigler, Pa
www.umiperformance.com
Hello Kyle,

We do have a UPS Landed Cost option which allows us to collect your taxes and brokerage up front at a discounted rate... this allows the entire order to be delivered to you with no other charges, a lot of customers like this option and has gained us repeat Canada orders. If you would like a quote please e-mail [email protected] with the item # and your address... for more kit information and vehicle set ups Ramey is the man for that. I hope this helps :) Ryan

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts