Golfcart....

scuba_steve's_bu

Frequent Racer
Apr 9, 2009
Rock Rapids, Iowa
we will be painting our run around the track p.o.s express we call it one of these weeks also. we are thinking a bright red with house of kolor ice pearl. one good thing of working at auto body supply store i get things at cost and dad owns a body shop so we will have next to nothing in the thing!! \:D/

scuba_steve's_bu

Frequent Racer
Apr 9, 2009
Rock Rapids, Iowa
455_82malibu said:
so...will one pint total be enough...

i would go with quart just to be safe. better to have too much than not enough i say.

A

Anonymous

I would go with ppg's shopline brand , 1:1 mix a pint will not be nearly as expensive , will make 2 pints , you can over reduce it aswell this stuff's alot thicker than nason , black covers real well , so with a decent gun that would be plenty of paint .

I used to over buy paint all the time doing blend jobs , i can cover alot of ground just buying 8 ounces of paint and have some leftover .

A quart is alot of paint making 2 quarts , more than enough for me to do a small car .

Goodluck .

455_82malibu

Pro Stocker
May 19, 2006
WISCONSIN
I was going to use Dupont because I already have the base reducer and clear, if I go and do Nason I need new reducer and a hardener for the base. Not really saving anything if I go that route. I dont do alot of painting so I dont want to have left over. Im not painting the roof, so there really isnt much

3969_12.jpg

westexun

Frequent Racer
Dec 27, 2008
If you're gonna use a sealer, yu need to sand no courser than 400 wet. If you're gonna spray right on the old surface no coarser than 600 wet or you'll see sand scratches in the paint especially with metallics. I have a good friend that owns a collision shop so I have a good idea of how to do this stuff. A sealer will not cover 320 dry scratches and you'll get a more consistent scratch with wet paper than you will with a scuff pad, plus a scuff pad will not knock down any peel in the surface. I'm not saying it's the only way to do it but I'm probably way to picky about my paint work.

A

Anonymous

Base coat will cover 320 scratches if you know how to sand especially when using an orbital , sealer will def cover .

I paint every day , there's more than one way to skin a cat , to each his own blah blah .

Do it how you wanna do it , it's just paint , if your wondering i work for a corvette shop with alot of real picky customers , so no shade tree bodyman here .

455_82malibu

Pro Stocker
May 19, 2006
WISCONSIN
I did 400 wet, had a couple sand throughs so I hit those with some primer and resanded.

Ive had real good luck with painting, my only problem is DUST!!!!!

A

Anonymous

I hate dust , the key there is lots of patience , blow and tack , blow and tack ........

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts