header that fit?

starfire350

Frequent Racer
Jun 2, 2005
Dallas, TEXAS
taking the plunge tired of the carb so just finished assembly of the lightly modified ls1 got the trans dapt 1" set back plates finished the harness and bench tested yesterday recieved my new holley double pump from summit today. Ill be setting it in with a 4l60 in the next couple of weeks but I cant seem to find a definate answer for headers. Outside of the $700-$800 headers what fits? I dont mind a little messaging of the tubes but dont want to have to cut and redevelop a tube.

bigmandengo

Weekend Racer
Apr 22, 2010
madison, wi
Pacesetter headers for a 98-02 f-body. Driver side fits perfect. Passenger needs a little tweaking. Go about 3/4" out from the flange and make a pie cut on all four primaries (not much maybe a little more than 1/16 no more than 1/8") then bolt the header on and bend it in. Tack it where you want it then remove it and finish weld it. 1/8" at the top is about 1-1 1/2" movement at the collector. This is what I did and it fits awesome.

Attachments

• headers 2.jpg
    headers 2.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 1,545

Preacher

Daily Driver
Jan 3, 2012
Yep - the Pacesetter F body ones are what I have. $252 to my front door through Amazon. Driver's side fell right in. I had to beat on two primaries on the pass side with a hammer. It is tight, but works.

uneek1976

Weekend Racer
Jul 15, 2009
Preacher said:
Yep - the Pacesetter F body ones are what I have. $252 to my front door through Amazon. Driver's side fell right in. I had to beat on two primaries on the pass side with a hammer. It is tight, but works.

Do you have any pics?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts