Innovative Motorsports LM-1...

1BAD81BU

Pro Stocker
Aug 6, 2003
Whiteland, IN.
Thanks for all the input guys! Robert- I'm back at home, college is done till the fall. Then I'll be heading back to Cincinnati. Right now I also trying to piece together my 8.5. I'm ordering new Poly bushings today and I'm going to get it cleaned up and painted by mid-week. Then I have to order an Eaton posi, 4.10 gears, and hopefully a TA Performance cover if I have enough cash. Needless to say I have alot of stuff to get done before the meet. That reminds me,,,it's less than a month away!! :shock: Do you know if your gonna be there or not? If not, where's your shop at? I'll have to swing by sometime. Later on, Nick.

Robert1320

Pro Stocker
1BAD81BU said:
Thanks for all the input guys! Robert- I'm back at home, college is done till the fall. Then I'll be heading back to Cincinnati. Right now I also trying to piece together my 8.5. I'm ordering new Poly bushings today and I'm going to get it cleaned up and painted by mid-week. Then I have to order an Eaton posi, 4.10 gears, and hopefully a TA Performance cover if I have enough cash. Needless to say I have alot of stuff to get done before the meet. That reminds me,,,it's less than a month away!! :shock: Do you know if your gonna be there or not? If not, where's your shop at? I'll have to swing by sometime. Later on, Nick.

I'm going to try. At this rate I can drive the 'Burban out at least....

Call me later today.

A

Anonymous

can anyone recomond 1 over the other? plan on gettin 1 over the winter and can't decide what 1 best . do all have the dual read options ( was looking at the FAST duel ) any info whill help thanks jeremy

A

Anonymous

realisticly it doesn't matter what your wideband reads compared to the other guys wideband etc etc etc.....as long as you use the same readings from the same machine to do all your tunning.

you can't take the numbers from your on board wideband and compare them to the dyno and expect them to be the same, even a dyno manufacture will tell that comparing one manufacture to the other will give you two different readings at the exact same altitude and air conditions

if it reads 12.5 to 1 and you go slower than you did at 11.5 to 1 run it there etc etc etc....tunning and being consistent are about getting your data from the same equipment all the time that way if it is a whole point off your consistently one point off :D

A

Anonymous

LM1 + 1. Bought it last year from Robert 1320/Chaos Drag Racing, works great. just make sure you get the power supply right from the battery, that will really help keep readings stable and acuurate. Lots off add on options with the LM1 also.

SickboySS

Amateur Racer
Oct 7, 2006
auburn ma
Re:

Supe said:
1BAD81BU said:
What causes the A/F reading to be inaccurate? So what do you reccomend instead of the LM-1? Later on, Nick.

Not sure. I see calibrated units come back that read a full point off on every dyno the car sees. Like Todd said, it's a great learning tool as long as you don't rely on the A/F as being 100% accurate. I think the other features you can upgrade to are equally as important.

i'd say the dyno unit is more inaccurate than the installed one in the car...it depends on a few factors, the biggest being exhaust leaks, for every pulse it pushes gas out in a leak, it'll also pull fresh o2 in, causing an artifically lean reading

79Lemans

Frequent Racer
Jan 22, 2008
Mass
The only way to get a accurate reading with a air-fuel monitor is on a engine dyno,you can read each cylinder.If you run a LM-1 or other wide-band units in the car they wont be as accurate because there are to many variables involved, when you install the O2-sensor in the collector you are reading average air-fuel ratios.The middle cylinders can be running alittle leaner.My opinion just be aware of this in your tuning when a motor has not been air-fuel tested on the engine dyno.

SickboySS

Amateur Racer
Oct 7, 2006
auburn ma
79Lemans said:
The only way to get a accurate reading with a air-fuel monitor is on a dyno,you can read each cylinder.If you run a LM-1 or other wide-band units in the car they wont be as accurate because there are to many variables involved,also when you install the O2-sensor in the collector you are reading average air-fuel ratios.The middle and back cylinder can be running alittle leaner.My opinion just be aware of this in your tuning when a motor has not been air-fuel tested on the dyno.

how do you get an individual air fuel ratio per cylinder on a chassis dyno?

79Lemans

Frequent Racer
Jan 22, 2008
Mass
SickboySS said:
79Lemans said:
The only way to get a accurate reading with a air-fuel monitor is on a dyno,you can read each cylinder.If you run a LM-1 or other wide-band units in the car they wont be as accurate because there are to many variables involved,also when you install the O2-sensor in the collector you are reading average air-fuel ratios.The middle cylinders can be running alittle leaner.My opinion just be aware of this in your tuning when a motor has not been air-fuel tested on the dyno.

how do you get an individual air fuel ratio per cylinder on a chassis dyno?
Sorry about that I meant to say engine dyno.

LWillmann

Weekend Racer
I used to run a Dynojet Wideband Commander in my Formula. When talking to Dynojet about it, they told me it would give me the same reading as their chassis dyno would.

I liked the logging feature, the aux input capability, and the USB output from the box. It also came with the Autometer Sport-Comp gauge too.

It was more expensive than the LM-1, but it was worth it to me to have it match all my other gauges and have it in the pillar where everything else was and there all the time.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts