Instrument cluster and A/C Bracket update

onefastermonte85

Pro Stocker
Jun 23, 2005
erie,pa
Re: Another small update - 11-29-08

do you make that gauge panel or did you buy that somewhere?
I want to do something very similar to your setup. I also like your wiring setup, it will make the job much easier now.

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com

onefastermonte85 said:
do you make that gauge panel or did you buy that somewhere?
I want to do something very similar to your setup. I also like your wiring setup, it will make the job much easier now.

I bought the gauge panel from a MR.com member. His username is blownbigblock (click on username).

Thanks,

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com

malibujeff said:
Phillip,

Any room to get two more of the small gauges (oil and amp) in that panel?

I preferred to have them all in the panel, but I just couldn't make it look good. I had a friend lay it out for me using CAD. He tried but it just wouldn't fit. See photo I took of the drawing below:
6_gauge_panel_marked.jpg

You might could swap the angle of the smaller gauges (move top gauge towards outside edges), but you would still have the bottom gauge partially covered by the plastic bezel. With the curvature of the plastic bezel, it would cover more of the gauges if you moved the bottom gauges in toward the middle.

BTW, the inner ring of the gauges in the drawing it the actual hole size. The outer ring is the gauge bezel size.

This is how I decided to mount my other two gauges, in the plastic dash pod bezel:
gauge_pod.jpg

Hope that helps...

malibujeff

Weekend Racer
Nov 14, 2003
Georgia
6hayes.home.comcast.net

Thanks for the pictures and the detailed answer on how you mounted the gauges. I think I will do the same thing you did and mount two of the gauges below.

Oh BTW, thanks for keeping this site up. It is great. =D>

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio

Hey Mr.P,Phillip that is,

That's going to be a Killer Ride for your young un when you get it all wrapped up!
I'm doing something similar although a bit more radical with my guage set up and was wondering about the resistors you used to calm the leds down as I was playing with mine and they are rather bright! Let me know where you got them and so forth,
here's a pic of mine
IMG_0158.jpg

Thanks,Dave

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com

I got the resistors at work. :-$ [-X

I believe the ones for the green LED's were 3.3k ohms and the blue LED was 4.7k ohms. I used a DC power supply and just played with the values until I got the brightness I wanted. It really depends on what type LED's you have. They can vary a good bit, depending on their voltage rating. I made the blue one pretty dim, since it will be used mainly at night.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!