L98 113 Heads

80 MICH BU

Dragway Regular
Oct 26, 2004
Northern Michigan
Any body have these with a stage 2 porting and 2.02 valve job?

bigg502

Daily Driver
Sep 27, 2008
Loretto, Ky
I have a set they're not ported and have the original valves in them I'm thinking of switching to a set of vortech's though. I'm running them with a Mutha thumpr cam. It sounds great but the performance is a litlle :( sad . Maybe I need more gear It has just the stock gears .

80 MICH BU

Dragway Regular
Oct 26, 2004
Northern Michigan
I hear ya...Vortechs are steel heads with the smaller valves. Why I had mine modified is what I heard and read about Lingenfelter L98 heads. They need a core set or they charge you for them buying a used pair... plus you have shipping and all that. So I stuck with mine because I knew everything fit headers..intake etc. Vortechs have a different intake I believe.

bigg502

Daily Driver
Sep 27, 2008
Loretto, Ky
your right they do use a different intake I dont have one. and I would need to do some work to the heads to accomidate my cam. Then I thought if I do all that then I may as well put the 454 I have sitting on the engine stand it is stock but I have a set of 781 heads I could put on it. then I would really tear out the 7.5 rear fast. so I don't know what to do

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts