lightweight wheel combo for crate motor stocker....

bdi

Amateur Racer
Mar 6, 2007
atwood....ky
what are the lightest wheels out there , that will actually support a 3200 pound car....looking to shed a few pounds in the car...and any other possible tricks that would be legal in ihra stock......thanks brandon

A

Anonymous

Try the Mickey Thompson wheels. I got a set from Larry Hodge Racing for my 64 Chevelle Superstocker. Real light wheels.

Great price and a great guy to deal with. He runs an ad on Racingjunk.com.

Jeff Goss
6990 SS/MA

Jackstand

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 6, 2003
KANSAS CITY, MO
bogarts are nice... we are running them on our camaro its right at the 3200 mark

4m7xdw1.jpg

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
All good/light wheels as mentioned.

I'd also include Weld Magnums/AlumaStar 2.0's and hear the Holeshot wheels are light too.

80superbu

Pro Stocker
Oct 2, 2005
Colorado springs, CO
Holeshots are nice too but they are not DOT approved/certified. Not sure how well they hold up for daily driving and cornering

edit: I saw the Bogarts are listed as a racing wheel only too
Why are Bogart Racing Wheels not intended for street use?
Because we manufacture Bogart Racing Wheels for a specific application (racing), we remove as much mass (weight) as possible, while maintaining enough structural integrity to be sure that Bogart Racing Wheels will survive through their intended purpose.

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
None of the wheels listed so far are street legal (at least I don't think so), nor are they truly strong enough for street driving, not just the Holeshot wheels.

A

Anonymous

And if you think about it, the MT front wheels weigh 8 lbs. These new fronts are drag use only. I wouldn't want to run over anything at speed.

I asked 3 times about running them on a 3600lb car. "No problem....You aren't running them on the street though" was the reply. It would get ugly. Makes you think twice.

My rears (15X12) weigh 13lbs. I can't see how they are strong enough, but man are they pretty.

Jeff

15019330036.jpg

bdi

Amateur Racer
Mar 6, 2007
atwood....ky
wheels....

i had a deal going on some weld 2.0 magnums....but i think it just went south ....lol .....i'm going to order a pair of m/t in the morning.....drag only car....just try to cut some more weight off the front....car has went 10.90's / 6.90's with a 330 crate setup.....still need some more...lol....the wagon looks b!tchin.....i had a 64 2dr wag ....but it was rough ...would have made a cool tube car.....thanks brandon

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts