line lock install

wannabe

Frequent Racer
Aug 31, 2009
Tommy, are you referring to having (2) master cylinders or one master with two outlets, as I have actually seen pictures of "old" masters with a single line. Anyway, I am using a single master and an adjustable proportioning valve from summit. My plan was to run a line from the master, to the line loc then from the loc to a "T" fitting connected to the front brakes and run the other line from the master to the prop valve and then to the rear brakes. It seemed like the logical thing but wanted to run it by someone that has experience with this. thanks for any help...wannabe

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
The NHRA rules call for the lines to come from the master to the combo valve, out of the valve to the line lock into a tee to the left & right front brakes. The rear lines are left stock...

Tommy

wannabe

Frequent Racer
Aug 31, 2009
I don't fully understand the purpose of a combo valve, other than it regulates the braking system in some manner. I thought it was to balance the front/rear braking so that the back end did not try to pass the front end, by locking up first, or something like that. I assume you can purchase a new one at the local parts store, but what would you ask for, now that the brakes have been changed over from power to manual? most places look at you like you are from another planet when you speak of aftermarket parts. as usual, any help is appreciated...wannabe

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
Last edited by a moderator:

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
shvrolay said:
The 'proper' name is a proportioning valve, most parts stores don't carry them.....afaik.

Wrong. A proportioning valve is not the same as a combination valve. A combo valve performs both proportioning & metering functions. I don't know what OPGI is selling...

Tommy

wannabe

Frequent Racer
Aug 31, 2009
Guess I had better find out exactly what I need before I buy something else I may not need. If anyone knows of a better/correct part than what OPGI is selling, please let me know. thx...wannabe

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
LS6 Tommy said:
shvrolay said:
The 'proper' name is a proportioning valve, most parts stores don't carry them.....afaik.

Wrong. A proportioning valve is not the same as a combination valve. A combo valve performs both proportioning & metering functions. I don't know what OPGI is selling...

Tommy

..........that's a little harsh. Sorry for perpetuating their mistake/my misunderstanding of the correct term.

Maybe you should offer to straighten out OPGI also........... ;)

nillabu

Dragway Regular
May 16, 2008
St. Cloud, Minnesota
Try this link. I learned alittle also..... ;)

Steve

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
shvrolay said:
LS6 Tommy said:
shvrolay said:

Tommy

..........that's a little harsh. Sorry for perpetuating their mistake/my misunderstanding of the correct term.

Maybe you should offer to straighten out OPGI also........... ;)

Sorry. It wasn't intended to sound nasty, Sometimes I type faster than I think... :lol:

Tommy

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
nillabu said:
Try this link. I learned alittle also..... ;)

Steve

Thanks for the link.......I think I knew what was what and what it did..........have just always used the wrong terminology.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts