LS owners, some advise, please.

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Im thinking of changing my intake setup on the 6.0 LS thats going into my pro touring Malibu. The engine is all done, and I have converted it to a carbureted intake (Edelbrock), and then instead of the carb, I have a FAST EZ EFI 2.0 setup Iwas going to use. Now, I'm contemplating using a factory LS type intake, and going with MSD's Atomic EFI setup. The car will be 60 percent street, 40 percent SCCA type event car. I plan on autocrossing it pretty often. So, for you LS guys, ultimately, will there be a drastic difference in terms of drivability? I think the horsepower edge might ultimately go to the setup I currently have, but you think the LS type intake would be better? I could go either way I guess...

Alex41

Weekend Racer
Nov 4, 2013
Fort Belvoir, VA
The factory fuel injection system is a VERY nice set up. If you intend to street drive the car then a carb will pale in comparison to the drivability of the FI system. Carbs, in my estimation, are only really intended for 2 things; idle and WOT. You can tell me all day that it's about how you tune it or reading plugs but the fact is the EFI system can make changes on the fly from everything from fuel demand to the changed in altitude and everything in between. Promise, you'll be much happier with the LS factory stuff. ;)

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Well, thanks for the advise, but I never had the intention of running a carb. I bought a FAST EZ EFI 2.0, and was planning on using that. I guess my question is if there would be a huge difference between the efi setup I was going to use (with a more conventional intake manifold) versus a factory LS intake.

Alex41

Weekend Racer
Nov 4, 2013
Fort Belvoir, VA
Aaahhhh...my bad. It was a little late when I replied. haha. I still say the stock LS system would be cheaper to run than an aftermarket system. Most people converting to LS engines have taken the stock electronics off to use a carb so it should be easy to find.

If you are after torque, the high ram may be a cool option if you have the hood clearance. :D

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts