LS Swap Fuel Tank

dynodanmanda79

Weekend Racer
Dec 9, 2007
Crestview, FL.
I'm in the process of gathering parts for my swap, and I've been doing plenty of research here and on LS1tech. I know I will need an efi tank from either a TBI Monte Carlo or a Grand National, I've seen numerous people having vent issues with the Spectra GM307C tanks but i've been looking at the Dorman 576354 tank. Has anyone bought this tank and are there any issues with it like the spectra design?

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
I've got a replacement one from Autozone or Advance, which I'm sure is the same as the Spectra and Dorman. And yes it does have the venting issues. As long as you don't shove the nozzle all the way in and don't mind holding the nozzle part way in, then there's no need to worry. Even on my 07' Silverado it does this to sometimes.

If you plan on using braided AN line, do yourself a favor and get the sending unit from Racetronix. They have ones which welded on AN fittings and that is a really really nice feature when you need to make fuel lines

dynodanmanda79

Weekend Racer
Dec 9, 2007
Crestview, FL.
Thanks for the replies, and I saw the racetronix setup over on LS1tech and it will definitely be the way to go for the price!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts