Lt1 T56 g-body pedal feel question

dyrt

Daily Driver
Jan 5, 2006
yardville, nj
Hey folks,

I was wondering if anyone else with an lt1 style t56, fbody hydraulic clutch setup and bzdel pedal could chime in and tell me how their clutch pedal feels. I never drove an lt1 f-body and i don't know anyone around that has one to check. It feel like the pedal in my car is a little stiff. Of course, i am comparing this with the other hydraulic clutches i have felt such as my 91 s-10 and 2000 jimmy. How do you guys feel about the weight of the clutch pedal in your swaps? I am using an lt4 pressure plate so that could have something to do with it and I didn't overly tighten my pedal assembly. Just wondering, if the pedal isn't hard for other people i should start looking for some binding in the assembly or whatnot.

Thanks!

85_SS

Dragway Regular
Aug 13, 2004
www.cardomain.com
I have a T5, but am running LT1 hydraulics with JohnB's pedal (and a centreforce clutch/pressure plate). The only thing I have to compare to is the two Saturn's I own (which are extremely easy on the leg), and the pedal is much stiffer in the Monte. I think it's just the way they are.

dyrt

Daily Driver
Jan 5, 2006
yardville, nj
Thanks for the response. I had a feeling it might just have to do with the pedal geometry but i thought maybe the slave cylinder setup might be harder on the pedal than the hydraulic throwout bearing also. I never had a regular lt1 pressure plate in it so i can't compare it to that either. It makes slow takeoffs a little tough sometime and just wanted to get some other peoples' input. Anyone else?

dyrt

Daily Driver
Jan 5, 2006
yardville, nj
anyone else care to chime in?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts