manual brakes

coolAl357

Amateur Racer
Jul 18, 2005
central n.j.
I installed travis's kit Is the front tube for the front brakes? I need someone to clear this up I already hooked up the front tube(the larger one for the line -loc if this is wrong please tell me before I keep going. Thanks ahead,Al

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
Razor, is that how the wilwood recomend...cause i think this is where i was getting confused...on mine and from all the info i have looked up tonight on a factory style master cylinder the front ports on the master cylinders are for the rear brakes. but from pics of the wilwood master cylinders i have looked up the front port on them is used for the front brakes.

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
GreenDragginBu said:
Razor, is that how the wilwood recomend...cause i think this is where i was getting confused...on mine and from all the info i have looked up tonight on a factory style master cylinder the front ports on the master cylinders are for the rear brakes. but from pics of the wilwood master cylinders i have looked up the front port on them is used for the front brakes.

Wilwood's instructions say that the rear reservoir is for the side that sees the greater piston volume, which is typically the front brakes. Did you get the Wilwood instructions with the kit? Says it on the backside next to the diagram of the master cylinder dimensions.

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
Supe, i still have the s10 master like you did have...i plan on purchasing the steel concepts kit.

but Al was questioning which port to the front and which to the rear....that in turn made me question where i have had my lines hooked up on the s10 master.

i have my rear brakes off the front port ( closest to front of car) on the s10 master.

coolAl357

Amateur Racer
Jul 18, 2005
central n.j.
brakes

I,M CALLING Travis this mourning> He mailed me and said the sqme thing the front is for the front.I'll let everyone know when I find out. Of course it,s 3:00 am and MC are going thru my head! :shock: Thanks Al Well greendraggin were kina screwed I think? Thanks for everyones work on this,Al

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
Hey Al, i checked the instructions online for that master cylinder, and supe is right it says the rear port is for the brakes that have the larger piston area. if you have drums on the rear, then the fronts have more piston area.

Either way let us know.

coolAl357

Amateur Racer
Jul 18, 2005
central n.j.
brakes

I,ll find out, and will post when I'm 100% sure! Al

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts