Manuel Brake???

StrokerMooBoo

Weekend Racer
Sep 4, 2006
North Port fl
I am going with a factory man. master on my 79 bu i know i have to make the firewall plate and make rod adj. . But will I have to put any type of valves or blocks with all factory brakes
TiA Greg

malibulvr

Pro Stocker
Mar 22, 2008
Pensacola, Fl. 32526
I'm fixin to do the same thing. Everybody that I have talked to says no. Just bolt on the factory man brake master cyl and bleed it out, and have fun. And by the way, If you can find a manual brake S10 truck, you can use the firewall plate from it, even the master cyl if you like. If you plan on making your own plate, I found this drawing a while back for one.
manualbraketemplate.jpg

Regulator

Daily Driver
Sep 21, 2008
how about using the stock pushrod from the old brake booster? is it possible to take it out? how?
Thanks fellas

malibulvr

Pro Stocker
Mar 22, 2008
Pensacola, Fl. 32526
No , you have to modify the pushrod length , also have to move it to the top hole in the brake pedal. I am in the middle of my man brake sconversion now. I was told that a factory S10 master cylinder would work, but I have since found out that the reservoire on the S10 piece is too tall and hits the hood. i have pics in my thread if you care to look: http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84090

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts