muncie mount ear repair question

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
obviously this will require welding and fab 1st q is is it worth it or buy a core 2nd can it be done and be strong thanks in advance
muncie001.jpg

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
i saw those on that site those super cases look sweet guess i will have to save my pennies figured its a good winter project seeing gotta collect a bellhousing thanks doober

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
If you have the piece that broke yes it can be done. I did it to the one in my car presently ](*,) Was in a hurry and didnt realize the trans wasnt all the way in, snap! Local welder tig'ed it back on, ground it down, went in and lined up fine once I payed attention :roll:

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
That was just from a quick look. You could probably find used cases online (craigslist, ebay, etc.) for cheaper, but at the same time if you buy it sight-unseen you're taking a chance at something being wrong with the case. Also see if any local transmission shops may be able to get one (or have one on the shelf) :)

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
unfortunatly i dont have the piece ,,,,, found a couple on e-bay one had a broken ear also was thinking if i got that one i could cut ear and use it ,,,, i have to research to see what cases will work thanks guys

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
If a local welder can TIG weld an ear back on, he's more than capable of doing a weld buildup on the area and grinding it flush on the face.

chop57

Frequent Racer
Oct 26, 2008
g-town mass
if you find an ear for it i can weld it for ya

desbird

Frequent Racer
Feb 8, 2006
whitehall michigan
bolt it to a bell housing take a piese of al. same thickiest grind it to look like factory ear have them weld it on if you live clost to me i could get it done at work i have been thinking on doing that to make muti bolt pattern 350 trans or 700 chuck

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!