My brake quandry

bustedknuckle

Dragway Regular
Mar 4, 2008
St. Louis-Missouri
Ready to button up the brakes and have a couple of questions

What do you think about these parts together?

strange 1.032" master
strange 4 piston front disc's
quick performance, GM, rear single piston disc's on the rear (dont know if their low drag or not)
wilwood adj proportioning valve
stock distribution block

Read somewhere about having to remove the residual valve from the stock distribution block? is this necessary?

couple more quick questions
does this look right?

Rear line is closest to the front of the car and front line is towards the rear of the vehicle like the pic right?
IMG_2649.jpg

and which line goes where in the distribution block? Ive had the car apart for too long it seems because im having a hard time putting it back together.

only one i know for sure is the left hole goes to the rear brake line.

IMG_2675.jpg

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2677.jpg

Thanks guys!

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
You can't run a stock disc/drum combo valve, period. Get one for a disc/disc setup.

Tommy

bustedknuckle

Dragway Regular
Mar 4, 2008
St. Louis-Missouri
why not? If i were to take the residual valve out of the combo valve then it would no longer be a proportioning valve and use the wilwood adjustable prop valve for proportioning otherwise im proportioning a proportioning valve correct?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
There is no residual valve in a combo valve. A combination valve only performs the duties of a metering valve & a proportioning valve. The metering section of a disc/drum combo valve delays the activation of the front brakes to give the rear shoes a head start to contact the drum. If you use a disc/drum combo valve (or a disc/drum metering valve) with rear discs, you get rear lock up. The proportioning section is different, too. A disc/drum combo valve backs off the rear brakes at a much lower rate than a disc/disc valve does. Again, you get too much lockup.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts