My LS Swap/Build (Many Updates To Come)

Monte83

Frequent Racer
Jul 7, 2007
Northeast, CT
www.freewebs.com
I'll start off in the beginning.

I bought my '83 Monte Carlo a few years ago for my first car (I'm only 15). I'm doing a body-off "restorification". I was originally going to put a ZZ4 350 crate motor in it, but then I heard all the good about the LS series engines. So I started searching for one and found an LQ4 out of a '99 Silverado. I found it using http://www.car-part.com/

Now I'm working on Swaping/Converting everything to fit this motor in the Monte. I have the transmission in its stock location. There is plenty of room for the motor in the engine bay, even with the AC / Heater box.

So far, I have the motor mounts figured out. I have Solid motor mounts for a first Generation Chevy engine from Moroso (Part numbers...Lower mount: 62630, Upper mount: 62515, Both Moroso). I came up with dimensions for an adaptor plate that my brother was going to make, but after research, I found that Edelbrock has exactly what i needed (Part #6701)

Moroso 62630
62630_part.jpg

Moroso 62515
62500_part.jpg

Edl 6701
edl-6701_w.jpg

I just got the mounts and adapter plates lined up and they are a perfect fit. Here are some pictures of test fitting everything:

The motor
DSCF0001-1.jpg

stock Trans mounted in stock location
DSCF0002-1.jpg

Stock truck oil pan below crossmemeber (from front)
DSCF0014-1.jpg

Right (PS) motor mount
RightSide1.jpg

RightSide2.jpg

Left (DS) motor mount
LeftSide.jpg

LeftSide1.jpg

OIl pan clearance to cross member (from left side)
LeftSide3.jpg

I will have many updates as soon as there's more progress.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts