Nasty wheelhop

junk racing

Amateur Racer
Well took my car out to the track, The car has real bad wheelhop on the launch if i try to launch the the car hard, best 60' i got was a 1.7. not bad for the first time out with this new car but it should be quite a bit lower. I have competition engineering adjustable shocks up front set on 90/10 strange 10 way rears set on 6. 275/60/15 radials set at 20 psi. If i roll out about 100' and nail it it doesnt wheel hop and hooks hard. best pass was 7.61 @93 with the 1.71 60'

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
Hey junk.

Do you have lower arm relocation brackets? These help the car hook and prevent the wheelhop from happening.

Also, we're working on a new rear end and chassis mounted drag sway bar which will be tunable to help your launch.

Brackets are available now, as are improved trailing arms for your car. The drag bar will be out soon.

Have a good day.

ramey

woody31

Frequent Racer
hey ramey i have ssm lift bars and the i/c brackets not sure on mounting brackets any help
not tryting to jack thread but i have same problem on ol lumpy
thanks woody

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
Hey Woody.

No problem on the thread hijack. The more the merrier! We're here to help.

Do you have the lift bars on yet? i.e. did you try them and still get wheel hop?

If they're on, do you have a picture of what hole they're in?

rw

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
Hey junk. Sounds great. Give us a call to discuss your exact details. Or, we can talk on here or PM and I can give you specific part numbers if you'd prefer to order from the web.

ramey

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts