Need throttle cable AND bracket WITH kickdown help

SSedan64

Dragway Regular
Oct 5, 2009
MACON, GA.
I think you'll be happy with it. A few members on Montecarloss site have used it with good results. Friend of mine has it also with 0 problems.
Time to thaw that ride out. :D Weather here's been nice lately, sunny & 75* today. =P~
Todd

malibu101

Frequent Racer
May 22, 2003
Walnutport PA
SSedan64 said:
Time to thaw that ride out. :D Weather here's been nice lately, sunny & 75* today. =P~
Todd
Things are looking good here too. I'm glad snow is basically behind us. :D =D> \:D/ :D

There's a few other things I want to do to the car to prep for summer funtime.
Once these parts land on the doorstep, it will be the kick of ambition I need. dancin_banana.gif

malibu101

Frequent Racer
May 22, 2003
Walnutport PA
Followup info for future readers of this post.......

I got the stuff and it is nice for the price.

However, with the provided mounting blocks there is no way a TH350 cable can be attached. Since I'm using the braided throttle cable and mounting block for it, the leftover block is the one for the stock throttle cable. It has a much smaller square hole than the TH350 needs and trying to mill/file the hole larger would not leave enough "meat" to make me comfortable using it.

An email to the tecnical support guy at Skip W asking if they sold the size mounting block I need got me no response.

For my needs, attaching a TH350 cable to the bracket, this brackets included harware and companies lack of response is a complete fail. I wish I lived near a place like Summit where you could go there and see an item before purchasing it. I do like the braided throttle cable though.

SSedan64

Dragway Regular
Oct 5, 2009
MACON, GA.
That's what my buddy did, filed the hole & his worked. I wouldn't think they changed the bracket size from the time he got his & you got yours but, you never know.
This shows a TV cable's hole dimensions, which is a little larger than it needs to be.
http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/techinfo/700R4p1.html

Measure your Detent cable's end & check the Bracket again.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts