New guy 79 factory 4 speed wagon.

Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
So this is the correct orientation of the linkage if I’m understanding everything correctly? The brake pedal sure is making it tough to get it in place, assuming I don’t have it screwed up
IMG_8823.jpeg

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
Here is a picture of the upper pushrod in my Monte Carlo. You can see which way it penetrates the bellcrank.

Without climbing under the dash, I feel the longer part connects to the bell crank because it has to reach the firewall, go through the boot, and then connect to the bellcrank.

wiring-cruise_control-unrecommended_location-engine_compartment_view-full_size.jpg

Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
Yep, you were right. Finally got it in. I had it in wrong at the start then had some trouble getting the pin through the pedal end but eventually held my mouth just right and it went. I’m starting to realize I’m not a spring chicken anymore after laying there all twisted on the floor of the car trying to move around under the dash. Starting to make me sore!

Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
Something that I found kind of interesting, I took the glovebox back out and carefully removed the radio delete plate so I didn’t break it. I was tracing the wire that comes through the plate that’s covering the hole in the firewall where the AC used to be. There was an antenna wire under the dash. No antenna on the car and as mentioned radio delete from the factory. My dad was wondering if the radio delete plates are easy to come by

Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
I’m definitely keeping the delete plate in tact. I almost decided to leave it in place since it didn’t want to come out very easy. Cigarette light was binding it up

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts