New Guy with '79 9C1 Malibu 2 Door

Dave9C1Malibu

Mar 20, 2020
I have a friend's original '79 White 2 door(1 of 5) that was ordered from GM, but never used as a police car. It has the correct 9C1 frame, 120MPH speedo, tach, heavy duty sway bars. Now has 468 BBC, TH400, 9 Inch with 4.11 gears. It's a project that is very clean and never had a patch panel.

I'm not sure if I should buy it. Are they worth more or less without the original drivetrain?

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
Hey Dave,
Malibu's haven't really attained collector status as of yet other than some if the special editions (which escape me at this time) and should be left alone, the vast majority end up being Hod Rodded, Customized and Raced and are quite fun to drive, I have two both modified, one much more than the other, value depends on the market in your area and I do see prices going up as they get older, sounds like a good car to me, not to be nosy but what's the asking price? KillerDave

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
Hi There,
Sorry to drop out on you, just got busy with some things, 10K is quite a bit of money but I'm cheap, one can get a lot of loot tied up in a BBC depending on what's been done to it, then of course there's the TH400 and 9"er, rear end is probably in excess of $1500.00 these days if you had to buy new............. I'd say if you like it and can afford it then go for it, that is assuming you haven't already done so, I've had many hours of enjoyment out of both of mine both modifying and driving them, I even just like looking at them, I wouldn't trade either for anything short of a 67 Vette and would probably regret it!! Have Fun as that's what it's all about!! Later

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!