New Product! 78-88 G-Body Shock and Spring Lowering Kit

nillabu

Dragway Regular
May 16, 2008
St. Cloud, Minnesota
Nice kit......Because I've done the "B" Body brake swap (already an inch or so lower just doing the swap) and a coil cut off a new replacement lowering springs up front, it might be okay with the 1"-3" drop setup?? Right now I'm just on the rubber bump stops. It sits where I like it now and rides fairly well. Does 3"-4" drop sound right for the front of these cars?

Out back is another story. Not sure just how much lower it is, maybe 2"-3"?? It sits pretty good but don't really like the spring and pad setup I have. It's been so many years I can't remember where they came from. They are lowering springs with a coil cut also. Small pig tail on the axle and open top with a 1" rubber mounting pad against the frame spring pocket up top. Had to actually bolt the pad to the spring pocket or that would move off center or fall out. Gotta be carefull when jacking the rear from the frame as the springs will fall out also if the axle hangs too low. Probably should have a shorter shock back there also. Anyone using a setup like that and where did they come from? I probably bought it way back in 94' so I'm at a loss.

Just by looking at my avatar, take a guess as to how much lower the rear looks from stock. 17's out back (26" tall). I don't have an accurate guess really.

Like I said...nice kit. What would the LCA reenforcement look like if one was to do this swap??

Thanks,
Steve

UMI Performance

Amateur Racer
Oct 5, 2005
Bigler, Pa
www.umiperformance.com
nillabu said:
Like I said...nice kit. What would the LCA reenforcement look like if one was to do this swap??

Thanks,
Steve

Hello Steve, Glad I could help.

The front kit will allow the front end height to be stock height (which is what your height with stock springs and b-body spindles is) or up to 3" lower. Not only does the front end kit lower the car but the shocks are a huge improvement with 361 possible combinations.

The reinforcement plate for stock a-arms would be any type of metal plate that helps distribute the shock load across the a-arm.

I hope that helps,
Ryan

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I saw a few spring rates available for the front... is anything stiffer available? I have 600lb./in. Hotchkis springs right now and the ride isn't too harsh, I feel they could even be a hair stiffer, definitely stiffer in the rear, they're only 150lb./in.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts