Nitrous/Motor Combo fuel system???

BBC442

Amateur Racer
Nov 11, 2007
Masshole
Can i run one big electric pump up to a distrubution Block with to regulata's to my plate and car??

How many GPH will the pump need to flow???
10an-distrubution block- 8an to regulata's?
Then what size line to card and noid??

A

Anonymous

I have the same question, i was told to run 2cells and 2fuel pumps and switch to one while at the track and switch to the other while driving. my motor is a sbc 60over forged pistons, race preped rods and just a polished stock crank.550lift solid cam. how big a shot you think it will hold???? and what else can i do to shave off time???? i want a car that i drive around on the weekend nights and haul a$$ at the track:)

ky malibu

Weekend Racer
Aug 22, 2007
Ledbetter,kentucky
As a safe way to do it,is to run a seprate fuel system for your nitrous system. You can run whatever fuel you nomally run in your motor and use an enriched fuel souly for your system. The octane depends on how large of a shot you plan on running.

As the question for how much can my motor hold. Well thats a myth in my book. Any motor will hold nitrous, longivty depends on how you tune your syetem. I have sprayed 300 to a bone stock 327 with a roller cam and intake as it's only upgrades and it is still together today. (the backup motor)

Do your resreach and find someone with experince to help you find the right tune for your setup.

Most_Wanted

Amateur Racer
Jul 1, 2007
Alabama
Don't waste money trying to build a 1000 hp fuel system for a little spray. For $236.00 you can buy the complete fuel system for your car from summit racing. Then go and buy you a small fuel cell and mount it up front and a regulator and gage , holley red and buy you some fuel line about 6 ft from your parts store and the some bronze fittings and your in the game on the nitrous side now for only $ 150.00. Many people make mistakes with the nitrous system on the fuel pressure side. When it states to set your fuel pressure between 6 & 7 pounds that means where it stables out at. If you set your regulator at 7 pounds and hit the nitrous it will more than likely drop to three pounds on youir fuel side which isn't good at all. So what you need to do is adjust your pressure to about 10 pounds and click your nitrouse fuel switch and see what it falls to and try to set it where it stables out at which should be between 6 to 7 pounds. Now all you need to do is get you a bottle warmer and keep that nitrous bottle pressure between 900 to 1100 pounds and colder plugs and go kick some A$$ PS pulling 2 to 3 degrees of timing out for every 50 hp of nitrous is BULL CRAP ALSO. Start pulling timing out at anything above a 150 hp shot of nitrous. Its all about fuel pressure lol and here is what can happen if you leave your nitrous fuel pump switch off or not have enough pressure on your line. In this case I had the fuel pump switch off lol and lucky I didn't screw the motor up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bouTDDg4T60 I ran the summit fuel system on that car.

ky malibu

Weekend Racer
Aug 22, 2007
Ledbetter,kentucky
Very well said. I use a flow gauge to set the pressure for the fuel. Flowing pressure is the best way to set it. Good lookin car MOST WANTED.

mild big block

Weekend Racer
Jul 7, 2003
reality
Most_Wanted said:
Don't waste money trying to build a 1000 hp fuel system for a little spray. For $236.00 you can buy the complete fuel system for your car from summit racing. Then go and buy you a small fuel cell and mount it up front and a regulator and gage , holley red and buy you some fuel line about 6 ft from your parts store and the some bronze fittings and your in the game on the nitrous side now for only $ 150.00. Many people make mistakes with the nitrous system on the fuel pressure side. When it states to set your fuel pressure between 6 & 7 pounds that means where it stables out at. If you set your regulator at 7 pounds and hit the nitrous it will more than likely drop to three pounds on youir fuel side which isn't good at all. So what you need to do is adjust your pressure to about 10 pounds and click your nitrouse fuel switch and see what it falls to and try to set it where it stables out at which should be between 6 to 7 pounds. Now all you need to do is get you a bottle warmer and keep that nitrous bottle pressure between 900 to 1100 pounds and colder plugs and go kick some ### PS pulling 2 to 3 degrees of timing out for every 50 hp of nitrous is BULL CRAP ALSO. Start pulling timing out at anything above a 150 hp shot of nitrous. Its all about fuel pressure lol and here is what can happen if you leave your nitrous fuel pump switch off or not have enough pressure on your line. In this case I had the fuel pump switch off lol and lucky I didn't screw the motor up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bouTDDg4T60 I ran the summit fuel system on that car.
:roll: this is not very good advice ,go over to yellowbullet and talk to some of the heavy hitters on there.people who take advice like this burn there sh*t down!

Bigblockguy

Amateur Racer
Feb 8, 2008
ste Anne mb Canada
I agree, 10psi would cause a rich condition. Lots of the fastest guys are running single pump setups. Go on yellow bullet and read through the nitrous section.
Set the system to the factory spec, Then hit the dyno and lean it out and add timming byreading the plugs and AFR's. Then when you hit the track adjust the tune for the conditions.

84Monte

Amateur Racer
Jul 2, 2004
Texas
www.freewebs.com
mild big block said:
Most_Wanted said:
Don't waste money trying to build a 1000 hp fuel system for a little spray. For $236.00 you can buy the complete fuel system for your car from summit racing. Then go and buy you a small fuel cell and mount it up front and a regulator and gage , holley red and buy you some fuel line about 6 ft from your parts store and the some bronze fittings and your in the game on the nitrous side now for only $ 150.00. Many people make mistakes with the nitrous system on the fuel pressure side. When it states to set your fuel pressure between 6 & 7 pounds that means where it stables out at. If you set your regulator at 7 pounds and hit the nitrous it will more than likely drop to three pounds on youir fuel side which isn't good at all. So what you need to do is adjust your pressure to about 10 pounds and click your nitrouse fuel switch and see what it falls to and try to set it where it stables out at which should be between 6 to 7 pounds. Now all you need to do is get you a bottle warmer and keep that nitrous bottle pressure between 900 to 1100 pounds and colder plugs and go kick some ### PS pulling 2 to 3 degrees of timing out for every 50 hp of nitrous is BULL CRAP ALSO. Start pulling timing out at anything above a 150 hp shot of nitrous. Its all about fuel pressure lol and here is what can happen if you leave your nitrous fuel pump switch off or not have enough pressure on your line. In this case I had the fuel pump switch off lol and lucky I didn't screw the motor up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bouTDDg4T60 I ran the summit fuel system on that car.
:roll: this is not very good advice ,go over to yellowbullet and talk to some of the heavy hitters on there.people who take advice like this burn there #### down!

Yup, one system here... go to YB.

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
One large rear mounted fuel pump is all I and every nitrous racer I know uses.......Using a front cell and separate pump is IMO a waste of space,time and effort......
I reccomened Product Engineering..........I run the 460 pump on my 3 stage n20 engine

http://www.racingcomponents-llc.net/default.html

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts