Nitrous rules?

elcamino814

Amateur Racer
Nov 21, 2009
Beecher,illinois
im building an 81 elco and i want to put the bottle in the cockpit of the car, not in the bed. I always see cars with them on the passenger side but im not sure what needs to be done to pass an inspection. I have bucket seats so i was thinking either between the seats on the trans hump or in the cargo space behind the seats. What will i have to do to the system to make this legal or can I even do this. thanks, joe

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
you have to have a blow down tube on the relief valve, and brackets must be mounted with 3/8 bolts according to hank blankenship (ihra tech) also mike wells (nhra tech) thats it.

elcamino814

Amateur Racer
Nov 21, 2009
Beecher,illinois
ok thanks alot, cuz i thought there was a rule that the bottle had to be behind some sort of fire wall but that might be if you dont have a blow down tube. thanks again

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
The cheapie plastic brackets are also not permissible.

Bar50

Pro Stocker
Jan 31, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I am going to mount the one in my 'Hell Camino' in the package/storage area to keep it out of sight. Also, watch the mounting bolts getting close to your driveshaft.

I think the tube has to exit the vehcile.

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
yes it does. watch out laying the bottle down that much. the brackets are designed at an angle for a reason. the siphon tube goes to the bottom edge and laying it flat can cause a lapse of liquid in the tube.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!