No Nonsense Urethane Motor Mounts For G-Body?

~JM~

Weekend Racer
Aug 28, 2011
I've been searching & reading up on motor mount selection, but I'm a bit confused on the poly or urethane motor mounts. Is there a company out there that offers a true bolt in urethane motor mount?

Not just the urethane pad & a couple of zip-ties. What's up with that anyway? I take it that you are supposed to disect your old motor mounts & re-use the steel bracketry. That seems a bit cheesy. What all is involved with trying to seperate the brackets so they can be reused?

Should I just forget about urethane mounts & just buy some new rubber mounts from NAPA? My 383 street car is not that hot.

Thanks
~JM~

kevind

Dragway Regular
Jan 7, 2009
Whitley City KY
I have some that have been in my car for 10+ years. All kinds of abuse the years over 700 Horsepower and a stick shift. The best I remember they came in a plastic box with a yellow and black packaging. Never any issues.

sarbra1980

Daily Driver
Mar 16, 2014
The zip ties only hold the shells together until the mount is bolted back onto the frame. They basically replace the rivet that gets drilled out. Works real well. The frame mount bolts hold the two shell halves together. The ties can then be cut off.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
sarbra1980 said:
The zip ties only hold the shells together until the mount is bolted back onto the frame. They basically replace the rivet that gets drilled out. Works real well. The frame mount bolts hold the two shell halves together. The ties can then be cut off.

X2. BTW, "Poly" & "Urethane" are the same thing...

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!