No right rear brake lights or hazards...

TNTS79

Dragway Regular
Jan 6, 2006
Illiniois
Have an electrical issue and I can't seem to find out what the problem is! Noticed it the other day after working on my blower motor situation. The hot terminal to the blower motor burnt up the relay so I replaced that and spliced in a new plug in from a monte SS.
Problem: Monte SS is only a 4 wire instead of a 5 wire. The factory malibu one had two blacks coming from the ground....
Solution: I grounded the that comes from behind the blower motor box to the right front fender(where the blower motor ground strap goes) the other black wire from the relay grounds to the blower motor shroud beside the purple hot wire.

I don't know if that is what caused the brake light/hazards situation or not, that's just the last thing I did before I noticed the brake lights not working...

My radio has been cutting out intermittently like its loosing power or the ground....

Really stumped on this one, haven't tried to wire the grounds from the blower motor relay yet, not sure if that has anything to do with it?? Kick this around and a bit and hopefully someone has ran into this before!

TNTS79

Dragway Regular
Jan 6, 2006
Illiniois
Not to worry, got it taken care of tonight! One of the wires on the column was loose... My tail light loom is all cleaned up and retaped now! ](*,)

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
electrical is voodoo glad to hear you got them working the electrical nomes caught me off gaurd to ,,,,my horn worked intrmittently and end result was the anti corrosion grease was on the terminals of course i installed new column parts b 4 i went to the fuse box arrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhh atleast these year cars are reasonably easy

TNTS79

Dragway Regular
Jan 6, 2006
Illiniois
I pulled the both tails and went through the loom checking all the connections etc... then proceeded up the leg of the loom down the drivers side sill plate to the column where I found the light green wire had popped out of its connector! ](*,) Could have just pulled the lower vent panel under the column and fixed it in 5 minutes instead of an hour taking everything apart... Glad it wasn't a ground issue! \:D/

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!