Right cam for 144 supercharger?

Jetmech

Daily Driver
Jun 2, 2013
I have not done the math for compression yet. I'm not sure if the block has been decked & I'm not sure what thickness head gaskets ill have to use yet. Just from past experience with the flat top pistons & 64cc heads I was thinking it might be a little high to just about right, not really sure yet. I would love to get my hands on some reading for these units, especially any parts break downs or operating tolerances. I have definitely been researching alcohol injection too. Since nos cools things down as does the alco inj I was thinking it was kinda redundant having both, or it could be that much more beneficial to have both..idk

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
If it were me, i'd do the meth injection, you can stop by anywhere and get a bottle of windsheild washer fluid. Most wouldn't consider that a power adder by looking at it. I could photocopy some of my material for you and mail it to you if you'd like?

Jetmech

Daily Driver
Jun 2, 2013
If you add up the benefits plus the Convience of the windshield washer fluid, I agree it is definitely a power adder. Systems are pretty pricy though. I think I did find one for just over 400.00 though, not bad but I have found several new nos systems on Craig's list for 1/2 that. I would definitly entertain either... :) if your willing to put in the time to photocopy I would love to have the material! What plugs do you run in your motor?

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
Send me your address in a pm and I'll photocopy the stuff for you. I run ac delco 41-602

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
I'd pay attention to the brand of wiper fluid. Some companies are not using methanol anymore because the vapor is dangerous to inhale. The brands that stopped using it use ethanol, ethylene glycol or isopropanol. The only way to know for sure is to look on the brand's MSDS info. IDK if it works the same for your application or not.

Tommy

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
LS6 Tommy said:
I'd pay attention to the brand of wiper fluid. Some companies are not using methanol anymore because the vapor is dangerous to inhale. The brands that stopped using it use ethanol, ethylene glycol or isopropanol. The only way to know for sure is to look on the brand's MSDS info. IDK if it works the same for your application or not.

Tommy
Good to know, thanks tommy

dstinch

Mar 27, 2008
I'm a little late on here so you might be done building it allready. I have one a 383 with sportsmen 11 heads 8.5 compression close to the same cam. I run 18* initial and 32 total timing, holley 750 hp carb non boost referenced. On a good day i see 5-6 lbs of boost. It's the most fun small block i have built. the torque is unbelivable. The blower does not make noise till mashed to the floor. Then you better be hanging on. I also run a 700r4 with 342 gears, 3400lb 83 elcamino. The 373's will really wake up the long shift from 1st to 2nd. Have fun.

Don

Jetmech

Daily Driver
Jun 2, 2013
Hey Don, just got the car together about a week ago. I managed to put a tank of gas through it, went back and adjusted the valves once more and put my stock coil springs in the back. Today I attempted a whole shot on the street with street tires. Didn't accomplish much, just blew the back tires off and hit 6000 rpm's faster than I could blink. I'll leave it alone until I get my street slicks in a couple weeks. Hope to take it to the track after that. The motor seems to be super responsive, right now I'm at 30 degrees timing, I went with a 750 dp non referenced also. Took the power valve out of the secondary, the motor seems to be pretty happy right now so I'm pretty excited to start tuning on it. I believe I'm Gona have a lot of fun!!!
Danny

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts