no spark

khari young

Daily Driver
Jan 17, 2011
i have a 1980 bu and i recently removed the ac box and moved the batt to the trunk....Once i put the motor back in after the rebuild i have no spark coming out of the plug wires (hei). The motor just turns over and over. I tested the the coil and its good....Im stumped

khari young

Daily Driver
Jan 17, 2011
i checked all ground issues and thats not it, i havent changed any wirining or anything. I also checked all the fuses and none are blown but i did notice that on my fuse box there is a place that has "ING" where a fuse or some sort of connector may go. yet i dont see any unplugged wires nor connections.. curse_sign.gif

khari young

Daily Driver
Jan 17, 2011
The only other thing to check is to make sure my cam is in correctly and that my dots match up on the timing chain gear

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
If your not getting spark it wont be cam timing. Get your test light and start tracking the culprit down. Do you have 12 volts going to the dizzy?

khari young

Daily Driver
Jan 17, 2011
Yep I got a good 12v to the dist....where should I start with the troubleshooting.

khari young

Daily Driver
Jan 17, 2011
i have used 2 diff distributors so far and they both work on other cars perfectly so i dont think its the dizzy but that will be the first i try when i get hm from work on monday

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
It must be the wiring from the trunk to the starter and dizzy. Try the fusable link going to the starter.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts