opinions on Malibu rear suspension

Purcell Racing

Weekend Racer
Jun 10, 2011
Mineral Wells, Texas
Have an 80 Malibu mini tubbed and notched on 29.5x10.5 tire. Using adjustable uppers and factory length lowers with moroso trick springs, QA1 drag shocks, and a spohn anti roll sway bar. Everything is still in the stock locations. What are your opinions and do you think it will work well together?

Thanks

Grcrygtr44

Frequent Racer
Feb 1, 2013
Ontario Ny
My wagon has everything in stock location and it works better than a lot of other guys ladderbar and/or aftermarket four link. I run strange single adj in the rear with stock moog springs and a ARB. Dbl adj TRZ lowers with single adj uppers. The only thing i would be concerned with is the moroso trick springs. Now I don't know anything about the spohn bar, but I do know with a regular ARB u should not use trick springs since it will counteract the function of it.

dwelch

Daily Driver
Aug 1, 2012
hi. i would run a stiffer spring on the passenger side and a stiffer shock on the driver side front. i think the moroso trick springs have a stiffer passenger side, like 160 or 140 lb. per inch. it should be stamped on the spring. also i put a pinion snubber on my chevelle and it made a big difference. i installed the snubber about 1/2 inch above the pinion snout on the rear. if you can find one of the older black air bags i would install it on the passenger side with about 20lbs. air i ran a 1.42 60 foot with these mods and a few other ones on my bb chevelle befor i went to ladder bars and coil overs just watch how much twist (left front up right front down) you get:D

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!