Camshaft questions and opinions.

sbmalibu

Frequent Racer
Oct 5, 2009
north judson indiana
What cams are people using with good luck on ls motors without flycutting stock pistons? Im building a 6.0 lq4 with ls2 heads not shaved any.How much lift and duration can i run. I know it is all very subjective and a cam with more lift than another can fit when a smaller one dosent because of lsa,duration,intake centerline ect ect. Just thought it might be a good idea for people to list what they are running and if they have aftermarket pistons,flycut stock ,or uncut stock pistons and what heads and if they are milled any. Would also be interested in what is working for carbed vs injected motors for duration splits and lsa's. SO WHAT YA GOT> LOL

sbmalibu

Frequent Racer
Oct 5, 2009
north judson indiana
Its like its a big secret or something,im gonna try a couple cams in a month ore so just to get an idea what you can get away with. I will let you know. Im tired being told this will or wont work with nothing to back it up. A simple i have a *** cam in my motor on stock postons and it clears would be cool but nobody wants to say that.Good thing i have access to a couple cams that are popular.

LT1_Malibu

Amateur Racer
Jan 19, 2006
Greenup, Kentucky
Not trying to push you away from this site bc there's tons of good info on here, but you might want to check around on LS1tech.com

The engine specific info on that site is about the best you'll find for Lsx setups.

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
224/224 .563/.563 112 lsa was the old one, 231/234 .617/.612 112 lsa is the new. Have yet to fire it up

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
239/242 .649/.609 110 here no problems....magic stick 4...motor is a lq4 6.0

sbmalibu

Frequent Racer
Oct 5, 2009
north judson indiana
Aree both of you on stock pistons? I was gonna test a ms4 and a texas speed 228.I know texas speed said the 228 would clear stock pistons no problem. Are your heads shaved at all and what heads are you running on these combos as far as valve size and casting no. or aftermarket. You saved me some work if this is on stock pistons. The only other cam i was gonna try is my buddies custom groung that is real close to a ms3 and probably what i will end up running in my motor as long as it clearss with 241 heads shaved to 58 cc,s.

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
sbmalibu said:
Aree both of you on stock pistons? I was gonna test a ms4 and a texas speed 228.I know texas speed said the 228 would clear stock pistons no problem. Are your heads shaved at all and what heads are you running on these combos as far as valve size and casting no. or aftermarket. You saved me some work if this is on stock pistons. The only other cam i was gonna try is my buddies custom groung that is real close to a ms3 and probably what i will end up running in my motor as long as it clearss with 241 heads shaved to 58 cc,s.

Stock pistons 317 heads before trickflow now same cam....

sbmalibu

Frequent Racer
Oct 5, 2009
north judson indiana
Awesome just what i was looking for. alot more confident to put the custom grind my buddy has in my motor now.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts