Pedal Rock Hard

wiseman79

Top Fueler
Dec 18, 2004
Central Virginia
www.performancetech.net
Yeah, still no brakes. I added the Steel concepts kit. At first it pumped fluid well but leaked at the residual pressure valve, I got that straight by using the correct fittings. Now, no leak but the pedal was rock hard. It would pump fluid to the front fine when I bled them, but the rears would barely push any fluid and had to really push the pedal hard to bleed them. Talking to a few people, I was told I didn't need to use the residual pressure valve because I was using the stock combo valve which has the residual valve built in. OK, I removed the wilwood residual valve today. Same thing, pedal is rock hard with VERY little brakes, and the rear was super hard to bleed. So what's up, is the stock combo valve causing this, is the Master cylinder bad, something else?

primerbu

Amateur Racer
Jan 22, 2005
Apopka, Florida
I was told by wilwood to use the 10 LB residual valve WITH my factory combo valve. I have a new combo valve and the steel concepts manual brake kit and have no problems stopping the car on the strip or street. I got a NEW AC delco combo valve from the dealership I work at.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Sounds like you may have locked out the combo valve when you had the leak. Now that the leak is fixed, you may really have to lean on the pedal to reach the pressure needed to reset it.

Tommy

primerbu

Amateur Racer
Jan 22, 2005
Apopka, Florida
Oh yea, I second tommy on that one. You can actually feel it reset in your foot if you apply enough pressure.

wiseman79

Top Fueler
Dec 18, 2004
Central Virginia
www.performancetech.net

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts